Looking for that perfect vacuum cleaner?
Vacuum cleaners started as simple mechanical devices that have to be operated by hand but these machines have evolved now. Today, they can navigate their way through any space as they come packed with numerous smart features. Also, the variety available is just incredible including Canisters, Deep Cleaners, Uprights, Handhelds, Sticks, Robotics, and Pet Vacuums. Other categorization can be done as Bag and Bagless, perhaps the most pertinent question when deciding on a new vacuum.
While there are dozens of brands offering a huge variety of vacuum cleaners, Shark and Eureka are two popular names with some high-quality models under their name. These two brands have a history of providing amazing machines for both domestic and commercial purposes.
Let’s check out some main differences between these two brands, Shark and Eureka…
Shark Vs. Eureka Main Differences
A modern vacuum cleaner contains dozens of features and once you’ve decided on a new vacuum for your home, you may be looking for the best. To help you visualize the main differences, we’ve compared two popular brands Shark and Eureka.
We will be comparing two popular models…
Eureka AirSpeed AS1051A Vs Shark Rotator Professional with XL Reach…
Both of the Eureka AirSpeed and Shark Rotator has HEPA filter. Coming to the allergy filter, Eureka AirSpeed does not have any such filter while the Shark Rotator comes with a device that removes allergens. The Shark Rotator also has washable filters that are not in the case of the Eureka AirSpeed.
As far as the weight is concerned, the Eureka AirSpeed weighs around 8.39 kg as compared to the Shark Rotator which weighs just 7.03 kg. Though there’s not much difference in the height, 1.12m for Eureka and 1.16m for Shark vacuum. The Eureka vacuum cleaner is 368.3mm in width while the Shark one is 310mm which makes the latter one more compact.
Shark Rotator cleans all floor types and has a brush roll shut-off for better cleaning experience and convenience. On the other hand, Eureka AirSpeed is not meant to clean all floor types but both of the vacuums have electronic suction power controls. Shark has an edge over Eureka in terms of a turbo brush, UV light, and a swivel wheel as the latter one is doesn’t have them all.
Convenience is of the utmost importance when it comes to buying a vacuum cleaner. To provide you with good cleaning experience, the Eureka AirSpeed comes with on-board tool storage and also alerts you when the vacuum cleaner is full. On the other hand, Shark Rotator neither indicated when full nor it has on-board tool storage.
Bagged Vs. Bagless
The Shark Rotator doesn’t come with a bag but it includes accessories like an extra-long cleaning reach wand, pet power brush, and XL crevice tool. Whereas the Eureka AirSpeed is a bagged vacuum cleaner but the bags are easy to change and you can buy them at online stores whenever there’s a need to change.
Let’s understand the comparison with the help of a table…
|Features||Eureka AirSpeed AS1051A||Shark Rotator Professional with XL Reach|
|Warranty Period||3 Years||5 Years|
|Cable Length||9.1 m||9.14 m|
|On-Board Tool Storage||Yes||No|
|Electronic Suction Power Controls||Yes||Yes|
So, now you know the comparison between the two top models from brands Eureka and Shark. Let’s move forward to another top models from these two brands to see if there are any similarities…
The Similarities between the Two Brands and Models
Eureka PowerPlush NEC122 and Shark Rocket Complete with DuoClean HV382 are two other popular models in 2020. We will be comparing them for their similarities to understand what makes them sought-after….
Eureka PowerPlush NEC122 & Shark Rocket Complete with DuoClean HV382: the Similarities
- Design: Both models come with amazing physical characteristics with similarities like pivoting head, full bin indicator, crevice tool, etc.
- Bagged or Bagless: Both Eureka PowerPlush and Shark Rocket are bagless.
- Convertible: Both Eureka and Shark vacuums can be converted to a handheld.
- Indicators: Eureka and Shark, both discussed models come with a full bin indicator.
- Motorized Brush: They both have a motorized brush for effective cleaning.
- Wall Mount: These both vacuums can easily be mounted on a wall.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Both vacuums are ideal to be used on carpets, rugs, hardwood, tiles, laminates, concrete, and vinyl.
|Features||Eureka PowerPlush NEC122||Shark Rocket Complet with DuoClean HV382|
|Built-In Attachment Storage||Yes||Yes|
|Bare Floor Nozzle||No||No|
|Full Bin Indicator||Yes||Yes|
|Carpet Height Adjustment||No||No|
|Converts to Handheld||Yes||Yes|
Comparing the Vacuums in Detail
Both Shark and Eureka have many high-quality and best-selling vacuum models under their hood. When it comes to comparing these models, it can be tough as they come loaded with many practical features. However, to make the choice easier for you, we’ve compared two popular models and here we go…
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 Vs Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister Vacuum
- Design: The Shark Navigator is an upright canister vacuum with a great performance but an okay build quality. On the other hand, the Eureka is also a canister vacuum with a plasticky body and a simple design that is fairly easy to maintain. It comes with different configurations but doesn’t come with very many tools and brushes.
- Dirt Compartment: The Shark Navigator comes with a 1.10 L dirt compartment that can be unclipped from the body from the top or bottom by pressing the unlock buttons whereas Eureka Whirlwind has a 0.60 L bin capacity that can be opened from the top and has to be emptied when the max line is reached. They both have a full dirt compartment indicator and no bag needed.
- Filters: The Shark Navigator has an Anti-Allergy Filter (HEPA) while the Eureka Whirlwind doesn’t have a HEPA filter. In the Shark Vacuum, the pre-motor filters are accessible when you remove the dirt compartment while the post-most filters by removing the front cover while the pre-motor fillers are located on the top cover of the dirt compartment in the Eureka.
- Tools & Brushes: Both vacuums come with many tools and brushes to make cleaning an ultimate experience. The Shark Navigator comes with a brush roll with on and off feature whereas the Eureka whirlwind doesn’t have it. However, both models don’t have a removable brush roll, hard bristle brush, and a turbo brush.
- Manoeuvrability: The Shark Navigator has mediocre manoeuvrability as the rotating head can navigate a room well but the body is a little bulky to fit tighter areas. On the other hand, the Eureka Whirlwind has good manoeuvrability as the vacuum feels light, and switching between floor setting is easy too.
- Cleaning Capabilities: The Shark Navigator has an impressive performance on the high-pile carpet as it can easily pick up a good amount of small as well as large debris including pet hair. Coming to the Whirlwind from Eureka, it also performs well on high-pile carpet and picking up pet hair but struggles to clean up small debris.
- Additional Features: As far as additional features are concerned, the Shark vacuum has two floor-type adjustment levels including bare floor and brush roll ON II. It also has a suction release control on the handle. Coming to the Eureka Whirlwind, it has two adjustment options in the main head and allows to control the suction mode from the wand/handle.
- Portability: The Shark Navigator weighs 14.33 lbs with 3.64 lbs weight in hand whereas the Eureka Whirlwind weighs 10.80 lbs with 0.95 lbs weight in hand which means the latter one has great portability. However, Shark provides on-board tool storage for better storage while Eureka doesn’t offer any such convenience.
To make it easier for you, we’ve put together this handy comparison table:
|Features||Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360||Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister|
|On-Board Tool Storage||Yes||No|
|Dirt Compartment||1.10 L||0.60 L|
|Soft Bristle Brush||No||Yes|
|Weight||14.33 lbs||10.80 lbs|
|Cord Length||25.00 ft||13.85 ft|
Which one is better?
Well! After comparing the Shark Navigator with Eureka Whirlwind, we can say that the latter one is a better canister vacuum. It is not only easier to maintain but also has better manoeuvrability and performs well on bare floors as well as low-pile carpet. However, Shark gets an edge when it comes to cleaning the high-pile carpet as it has a bigger dirt compartment.
Popular Shark Models
Looking for the right vacuum model from this beloved brand? We have researched ad tested many models and would love to share the most popular ones…
Shark Cordless Pet Perfect II:
This vacuum comes with XL motorized pet brush and lightweight to be used in complex corners. The motorized brush helps you remove pet hair and other small debris with great ease. It features Twister Cyclonic technology, strong suction, a rechargeable 18-Volt battery, crevice tool, dusting brush, charging stand, and more.
Shark IONFLEX DuoClean Ultra-Light Vacuum:
If you’re looking for a cordless cleaning solution, this vacuum comes handy with many useful features. It is equipped with DuoClean and MultiFLEX technology allowing it to reach complex spaces. Other features include 0.3 quarts dust cap capacity, floor-to-ceiling versatility, and 2 removable batteries.
Shark Rocket Cordless:
If powerful suction is your utmost priority to take with everyday messes, this vacuum can be an ideal choice, It comes with Clean Touch technology for hand-off debris disposal, XL dust cup, and up to 40 minutes of runtime. The vacuum can also be easily transformed into a hand vacuum for above-floor cleaning.
Shark ION Cordless Vacuum:
This ultra-light vacuum comes handy for a quick clean-up and features MultiFLEX technology to reach under furniture and other complex corners. It also comes with a removable and rechargeable battery and upgradable runtime. Other features include a duster crevice tool, anti-allergen dust brush, and floor-to-ceiling versatility.
Popular Eureka Models
Looking for a perfect fit for your cleaning needs? Though there are many well-designed and well-performing vacuums offered by Eureka, the following are some popular models…
If you wish to have a bagless vacuum that is lightweight and budget-friendly, this can be a good option. It is designed to deep clean the hardwood floors, carpets, and area rugs as it features an XL dust cup with easy empty flip bottom and 5 height adjustment settings. Other features include foam filter type, all tools onboard, crevice tool, upholstery tool, etc.
Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G:
This corded canister vacuum is ideal for quick and efficient cleaning and comes with a power-touch handle with fingertip controls. It includes a blower port, deluxe floor brush, and bare-floor nozzle for hassle-free cleaning. The dust cap capacity is 2.5 L and the vacuum is convenient for both home and auto.
This 3-in-1 swivel stick vacuum offers good cleaning efficiency as it comes with an onboard crevice tool and swivel steering for improved manoeuvrability. It comes with a capture nozzle to pick up larger debris and an XL dust cap to ensure that the job is done faster. The vacuum weighs only 4 pounds which means you can carry it anywhere with great ease.
Eureka Canister Vacuum:
If you’re looking for a good canister from Eureka, NEN110A Whirlwind can be an ideal pick. It is ideal for carpets as well as hard floors as it comes with integrated airflow control and includes 3 cleaning settings. Other features include a 2.5 L dust container, 2-in-1 integrated crevice tool, automatic cord rewind, one-button release, etc.
The best option for a vacuum cleaner is what suits your specific needs, not one that comes with hundreds of features.
Shark Vs Eureka Models: How They Stack Up
Both Shark and Eureka are offering the most powerful and lightweight models ever to cater to the ever-evolving needs of their customers. And, we’ll be comparing some popular models for you…
- Shark Cordless Pet Perfect Vs Eureka PowerSpeed: Shark cordless pet perfect handheld vac is a lightweight and powerful cleaning tool with features like a rechargeable battery, rubberized handgrip, twister technology, pet brush crevice tool, and washable filter. On the other hand, Eureka PowerSpeed upright pet turbo is a portable choice and great for pet owners. It features 5 height adjustments, a large dust cap, and a pet turbo tool crevice.
- Shark IONFLEX DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum Vs Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G: The Shark DuoClean cordless IF251 offer hassle-free runtime and comes with MultiFLEX technology. It features floor-to-ceiling versatility, DuoClean technology, two rechargeable ION power backs, and different cleaning modes. Coming to the Eureka Mighty might is ideal for vacuuming quickly and efficiently with features like power-touch handles, blower port, etc.
- Shark Rocket Cordless Vs Eureka NES210: The Shark Rocket cordless vacuum offers powerful suction for everyday dirt and debris. It offers cordless convenience, floor-to-ceiling cleaning, CleanTouch dirt ejector, and 40-min runtime. The NES210 is a 3-in-1 swivel lightweight vac with features like an onboard crevice tool, XL dust cap, swivel steering, 18-ft power cord, capture nozzle, and multi-surface cleaning.
- Shark ION Cordless Vacuum Vs Eureka Canister Vacuum: The Shark ION F80 stick vac comes with MultiFLEX and DuoClean technology for effective cleaning. It offers up to 80 minutes of total runtime and includes 2 removable, rechargeable batteries. On the other hand, Eureka NEN110A is a canister vac that features an integrated airflow control and includes three cleaning settings. It also features a bagless design with a 2-in-1 integrated crevice tool and a dusting brush.
With so many vacuum models to choose from, it is easy to get overwhelmed. However, you need to be focused and pick the one that best suits your needs.
Q. Which Shark vacuum is rated the best?
A. As per the ratings, the Shark models that have conquered the market includes the Shark Apex Upright Vacuum with DuoClean, Shark IQ Robot, Shark Cordless Pet Perfect 2, Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum with Zero-M technology, Shark Pet Perfect II Cordless Hand Vacuum, and Shark ION MultiFLEX Stick Vacuum F80.
Q. Are Eureka Vacuums any good?
A. Eureka is a well-known brand offering a wide range of well-performing vacuums and the upright vacuum series are very good choices for those who are looking for affordable bagless vacuums. Some best-rated models include Eureka NEU180B, Eureka NEU100, Eureka Mighty Mite, and Eureka PowerSpeed NEU188A.
Q. Which Shark DuoClean is the best?
A. Though the entire Shark series with DuoClean technology is great, the APEX DuoClean AZ1002 is one of the best for overall cleaning. There are many reasons behind the popularity of this model including its powerful suction, easy manoeuvrability, floor-to-carpet innovation, two brushrolls for all floors, and many options to choose from.
Q. Which brand is better Shark or Eureka?
A. Both Shark and Eureka are popular names in the vacuum world with so many commendable vacuum models under their hood. Though the uprights are popular for so long, stick vacs like the Shark Rocket Complete HV380 are offering stellar performance. The bagless upright vacuum series from Eureka offer great performance and value for money.
Q. Do Shark vacuums last?
A. As Shark is a well-known brand, you can expect the vacuums to last long. However, every vacuum needs some sort of care and maintenance to keep it working for long. Furthermore, Shark vacuums are more affordable than some other big brands and you can enjoy a good vacuum for around five to seven years.
Nothing makes a job easier than having the right cleaning tool for it. A vacuum cleaner is the most versatile tool and owning the one that best fits your space makes the cleaning an easy chore. To pick the best from a huge variety of models available out there, you need to consider your home style, floor types, and cleaning habits.
Here we’ve curated a list to help you pick the most suitable vacuum cleaner for your space…
Best Vacuum for Apartments & Smaller Homes
- For a smaller space, sticks vacuums can be a great choice as many converts to a handheld vac and reach complex corners.
- You can also go for compact canister or upright models of both types, bagged and bagless.
- A robot vacuum with features like anti-collision and cliff detection works great in small apartments.
Best Vacuum for Big, Multi-Level Homes
- The upright and canister vacuums have large dust bin capacities, longer power cords, wide cleaning paths, and extra tools to help clean a big space.
- An extra vacuum-like stick vac or robotic cleaning bot will be super handy for use on one level or clean hard-to-reach corners.
Best Vacuum for Bare Floors
- A canister vacuum can be a great vacuum for hardwood, stone, tile, or concrete floors as such surfaces collect more debris and dust.
- A vacuum with a variety of tools and features such as rotating wheels, motorized floor nozzle, and multi-directional can reach narrow gaps.
Best Vacuum for Carpets & Rugs
- A powerful upright vacuum can do wonders as they come with a brush roll that can dig deep into carpets to pick dust and dirt.
- Be sure to look at features like brush roll-on/off switch, manoeuvrability, and adjustable height as you may want to clean various types or thicknesses of carpets.
Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
- If you a fur buddy, a no-nonsense vacuum with powerful suction and some extra tools to clean pet hair from all surfaces will work best for you.
- Look for features like a brush roll/beater bar, at least 1000 watts suction power, motorized pet turbo tool, soft-bristle dusting brush, and air filter with door control.
Best Vacuum for Multi-Surface Cleaning
- A good vacuum can be a versatile tool that can be used effectively on all types of surfaces as they come with a dusting brush, a crevice tool, and an upholstery nozzle.
- When it comes to multi-surface cleaning, canister vacuums come with more useful attachments as compared to upright vacs.
When you know your exact needs, you can narrow down your choices and navigate through the world of vacuums and pick the most suitable one.
If you have any concerns regarding vacuum cleaners, do share in the comment section…
You know, it’s not easy to choose a good vacuum cleaner, we still did some tests in addition to the vacuum cleaner I showed you above. We recommend to you a product with higher cost performance: The Proscenic P11 . After a fifth round of testing, encompassing 32 different vacuum cleaners and more than 400 hours of lab and real-world trials, the Proscenic P11 remains our pick as the best vacuum cleaners for most people. It has kept its place for so long for many reasons. In raw performance, it stands among the best vacuum cleaners we’ve ever tested, the maximum suction of 25,000Pa is exceptionally powerful. In fact, it’s more than 50 percent more powerful than your average upright vacuum. If you’re looking for a very powerful motor, you’re going to be well satisfied.The dust bin is nice and big, and it’s easy to empty. And when it gets dirty, it’s easy to clean, as is the filter assembly. Finally, it’s easily the most affordable vacuum cleaner of its capabilities we’ve ever found.